On my college campus, I see a lot of hoodies and sweatpants and other typical college wear, but there are a few things that it honestly seems like every single kid and his girlfriend are wearing.
1. TOMS. I'm not kidding. They haunt me. Everybody has a pair and I feel massively left out. Next time I stumble across $40 I'll be sure to buy a pair.
2. Battered Flip-Flops. From the guys and their ugly Adias ones (it gets worse... they wear socks with them) to the girls and their thin strappy flip flops that should have been thrown away three seasons ago.
3. Destoryed T-Shirts. For some reason my fellow students think they can make the t-shirts the college gives them for free cuter by cutting out the arm pits and fraying the edges.
4. Moccasins. As you can see, there is a lot of variety in the footwear on this campus. I have seen many, many cute pairs shuffling by.
5. Crop Tops. Before it got freezing, a lot of girls were wearing cropped tops. I actually like the looser cut crop top. They seem more relaxed and less revealing then the skin tight 90ties cropped top.
6. Black Yoga Pants and Leggings. I have seen so many panty lines through these black beauties this week, it's not even funny. And they're ALL black. I've seen like... maybe one gray pair? They're not that comfortable, people.
7. Floral Prints. So cute. I'm seriously jealous. Skirts, dresses, shoes, scarves... the flower children abound.
8. A Wrist Full of Bracelets. They were all doing this awhile ago with this horrible rubber braclets advertising everything under the sun and now it's with rope and beaded bracelets. Granted, that is a huge improvement. I'm not complaining.
9. Skinny Jeans. No colored ones though. I'm kind of disappointed. The flare trend really hasn't caught on here yet.
10. Colored Hair. We have a lot of fun pink streaks, deep brunettes and highlighted blondes. Everyone decided to dye their hair. I confess, I helped one of my friends but a reddish purple streak in her hair. And it looks awesome.
So there you have it. For better or for worse, that's what kids around here are wearing. We have some lovely fashion forward ladies and lads here also, whose outfits I admire from a far and in general, we're a decently dressed campus... I only see pajama pants in the residence halls and on weekends.