Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ten Things I Learned From My Mama

1. We're all good at different things.
Talent comes in different forms. It's okay not to be perfect at everything.

2. Adults are people with feelings too.
Something I was very slow to grasp.

3. Laughter is the best medicine.
My Mom can laugh even when things aren't so great.

4.  You are what you eat.
My Mom's a health nut, but she did make me more aware of what I put into my body.

5. Beauty is on the inside.
Confidence, patience and humility are far more important than a perfect hair style.

6. Sometimes you lead from the back.
But sometimes you still lead from the front...

7. How to crochet
A skill I didn't learn well, but even sort of learned life lessons count, right?

8. How to make amazing cookies.
I learned this life skill slightly better as it was slightly more important to me.

9. How to make the best of a situation.
Even when there isn't a whole lot to make the best of.

10. Don't sweat the small stuff.
Or else you'll pretty much be sweating all the time. And that stinks.

1 comment: