Friday, March 4, 2011

I Beg of You, Please Follow Me

If you ever have to go away, take me with you.

     So I will never be alone
     So we will never be apart
    To keep us together
    To keep me from falling to pieces
    Because otherwise I will be afraid
    Because otherwise I might forget
    Who I am and
    Who you are and
    Who we are together

If I ever have to go, come with me.
 
    So I won't miss you
    So you won't be without me
    To keep me company
    To keep each other strong
    Because otherwise, I may fail
    Because otherwise, we may fail and
   Who would that leave me?
   Who would that make you?
   Who could we, would we ever be without the other?

1 comment:

  1. Did you write this? I love it! Very well put!
    I also like the labels you gave it, "love, musings, poetry, random" :)

    I hope you're doing well without your older sister. I know it was hard on me spending long summers away from home. Though, the joy of knowing I had family waiting and praying for me back home, meant everything.

    -Andy Krueger

    ReplyDelete